Final 1.2 Miles: Saturday, September 20, 2014 at 3 PM.
Packet Pickup - Friday & Saturday
- Bring your completed Mileage Log to get your final sign‐off
- Pick up your official Race T‐Shirt and Bib Number
Friday September 19
11:00 am – 8:00 pm
Saturday September 20
10:00 am – 1:30 pm
Health and Fitness Expo
Baker Community Center (MAP LINK)
101 S. Second Street
St. Charles, IL 60174
|No packet pickup 1:30–2:00 pm on Saturday
(we’ll be moving supplies from Expo Center to Start line).
Saturday September 20
2:00 pm – 2:30 pm
1st Street and Illinois St.
|No packet pickup after 2:30 pm on Saturday
Race Start/Finish: 1st St. and Illinois St., St. Charles (MAP LINK)
Race Day: Saturday September 20
- 2:30 pm Kids start lining up
- 2:45 pm Opening Remarks and National Anthem
- 3:00 pm Race Starts!
- Kids may run the course unaccompanied. We will have
course marshals along the entire route.
- A parent, sibling, or guardian IS permitted to enter the
starting corral, run the 1.2 miles and cross the finish
line with Fox Valley Kids Marathon Participants.
- If a family member runs with their child during the race,
they MUST COMPLETE the entire 1.2 mile course and
cross the finish line.
- Our course marshals must ensure ALL participants stay
on the course for safety.
- No strollers are allowed on the course to ensure the
safety of all participants.
- Only bibbed participants will receive an official Finisher's Medal.
- Kids are encouraged to wear the Fox Valley Kids Marathon Race Shirt that
they received at packet pickup in the race.
- For the safety of the runners, the finish area along
1st St. will be restricted to runners only. Spectators
will need to stay behind the barricades so that all
runners can finish their race and clear the area for
the hundreds of runners finishing behind them.
- After runners cross the finish line, they will need to continue moving north
along 1st St., where they will receive their medal, then will immediately exit
the restricted finish area into the north end of the Race Village.
- Family and spectators can meet up with their runners in the north end of
the Race Village (pink area on map).
- Photographs of smiling runners with their medals can be taken in the Race
- Action Sports Images will also be taking photographs.
If you have any further questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
KIDS’ Marathon 2014 will be bigger and more FUN than ever!
Summer Long • Family Friendly Program • Final 1.2 "Marathon" Run with medal
The CASA Kane County Fox Valley KIDS’ Marathon:
- is BIGGER and more FUN than ever!
- is a family friendly, fun activity for kids between
the ages of 5 and 13.
- is a way for kids to get fit, achieve a goal and learn how much
fun running can be.
- is a way for kids to earn prizes throughout the summer.
- has OPTIONAL Saturday morning “Fun Runs” which include
running games and activities.
- a summer of running that builds up to the celebratory
final run on Sep 21, 2013 where the children will receive their own
marathon medal and t-shirt….just like the adult marathoners.
- See our Kids Marathon Frequently Asked Questions page for complete information.
26.2 miles...One Mile at a Time
Those kids who joined us last year know what it’s all about and had a blast! This year the program will
be an even bigger and better experience. There will be more Group Fun Runs, more games and more
opportunities to learn and experience the sport of running in a fun supportive environment.
The CASA Kane County Fox Valley KIDS’ Marathon is open to all kids who will be ages 5 through 13 on race day, Saturday, September 20, 2014.
The Fox Valley Marathon is VERY honored and pleased to announce our 2014 Sponsor, CASA KANE COUNTY. CASA Kane County is a nonprofit, volunteer organization that advocates for the best interests of abused and neglected children within the Juvenile Court system. Court Appointed Special Advocate/Guardian volunteers are ordinary people doing extraordinary things to serve over 500 children in our abuse/neglect and probate courts each year. CASA volunteers are everyday citizens appointed by judges to advocate for the safety and well-being of children who have been removed from their homes due to parental abuse and neglect. They stand up for our children and make a difference one child at a time. This is a program that fits in well with our philosophy at the Fox Valley Marathon. We believe that we can make a difference in a child’s health and wellness with participation in our program. One child at a time…..and in our case…running one mile at a time to improved fitness and grow up into a healthy active adult!
See our KIDS’ Marathon Frequently Asked Questions page for complete information.